Thursday 16 April 2009

Good News

To keep things nice and neutral, we meet Z's mum up at the post office when he goes to her place or when he comes back to ours. Yesterday while we waited for his mum, the mail was being collected and I just couldn't resist asking the postman if I could take this photo.

And my other good news is that the personal essay I wrote about my experience as a stepmum has been accepted for publication in a book; a collection of essays written by women about becoming mothers for the first time. I am not sure when it will be through the editing tunnel and out the other side, but I shall let you all know the details when they're delivered.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Congratulations Meg - I am looking forward to reading it. xx

Catherine said...

congratulations, that sounds really exciting for you. Not the easiest situation I imagine (well I personally have a difficult time with my stepmother), but still a wonderful experience I am sure. I have seen one of my friends with her stepchildren and she is amazing!

tealotus77 said...

Hooray! I had good news as well. Our works together so many years after working together. Lovely.

xx
t

Anonymous said...

wonderful news. please do let us know. i am very interested to read it. the world needs more vocal stepmoms like us!

the picture is priceless.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Meg! That's so great :)

Carolina Spielmann said...

Thanks Meg for the comment on my Converse Project Video.
I checked out your blog. Interesting stuff! I would love to read your work, specially the essay about being a step-mom for Z and being a mom for the first time since I am expecting a baby boy that is due very soon!!

Meg said...

Then the Good News heading also belongs to you, Carolina. Mazel tov!