Friday 17 April 2009

Ben Kweller

My relationship with PJ has been full blast since we first hooked up. We were sharing finances after a couple of months and share nearly everything, except two things.

Our books live on separate shelves at either end of our office. His are neatly arranged into categories such as Experimental Poetries, Obscure Nonsense and Ecological Counterculture, while mine are stacked randomly according to the order I pulled them from their boxes when we first moved into this house.

On the whole we like the same music, which is a very lucky coincidence, though we still like to listen to music that the other can't stand. I have a playlist on my iPod full of songs that I know PJ doesn't like that I often play loudly when he goes out.

Last night I trained to Melbourne and went with my sister Emily to see Ben Kweller. Oh what joy to share such a great experience with her and to be surrounded by people in a sold out venue who like his indi pop ballads as much as I do.

1 comment:

eddy carroll said...

Oh I love this post!
As much as sharing is just the most gorgeous thing, so too is remembering what belongs to you.
Play it loud meg!
And nice categories P.J!