Tuesday 9 June 2009

Sparky

We recently finished reading Roald Dahl's Danny the Champion of the World to Z, a book that both PJ and I loved as kids. At the very end of the book, after the story has finished, is this page:

I agree with Dahl that a child would be happy with a parent who is sparky, but oh the wondrous joy of having two! And I know what I'm talking about here, because my sisters and I are lucky enough to have two such parents who fit this description.

My sparky dad is turning 62 today. Happy birthday, dad! Thanks so much not just for being my dad, but for being the kind of dad you are. I love you. xx

2 comments:

farmdoc said...

Oh Meg, it's an honour and a privilege to be your dad. Always has been, always will be. I'm not sure I'm Sparky - I think I'm a stodgy dad who's no fun at all - but if you think I'm a Sparky dad then I'm not going to disagree with you. I've had a wonderful birthday today, starting with 'the song' from you three this morning. Thank you so much. For everything. I love you right back. xxx

Shokoofeh said...

Happy birthday to your dear father!
:)