Monday 29 June 2009

Fence

This morning before Z and I set out on a bike ride, we knocked on the front door of our new neighbour's house with a batch of homemade cookies to say, Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Here is the fence between our houses. PJ built it at the end of last year. We call it our Social Warming fence as it's slatted and only runs part way along our boundary.

This afternoon, Z and I went to visit O and his niece Lily. For his birthday several months ago, O was given a copy of Home Beautiful magazine from the month and year he was born. I laughed when I saw this advertisement – a social warming fence from the 60s.

6 comments:

Umatji said...

I love it - proving the saying that every dog has its day!

Shokoofeh said...

lovely coincidence.
You and Z are really sweet people. I wish we were neighbors! :) then I could taste your wonderful cookies!

xo

Cathie said...

what a lovely gesture & funny coincidence.
Love your Social Warming Fence it's great!

Petrus Spronk said...

How to remove a 'fence'? use a gift of freshly baked cookies.

WriterBee said...

Were the cookies the same as the delicious oat cookies you made us for our picnic?

Meg said...

WriterBee, yes! They were from the same batch too.