Saturday 2 August 2008

World Dividers

One of the things I collect is World Dividers. You know when people say, the world can be divided into two categories; those who do such and such and those who don't. 

When people have their toilet separate from their bathroom, I think: the world is divided into two categories, those who decorate their toilets with art on the walls or flowers on the cistern or poems or postcards stuck up with Blu Tack, and those who don't.

Another one is: those who make lists, and those who don't.

My grandfather is a list maker. He wrote this list into the pages of his 1966 day planner and has been using it to pack with ever since.

He went overseas today for 10 days. We visited him last night after we saw my grandmother. He had his clothes laid out on the bed and his old diary open to this page.

4 comments:

farmdoc said...

Nice one, LOM. Your dad's a list-man, too. See farmdoc's 16 May 2008 post. Lists are the best and only way. xx

ToneMasterTone said...

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Anonymous said...

Ack!I can hardly tell you how much I love this post and that list!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your site--onto this perfect post! Almost like it was on a list for me somewhere :) I'll be back--enjoy a great weekend.