Friday 8 August 2008

080808

For two years in a row I volunteered at the Melbourne International Film Festival, where I got to see dozens and dozens of movies. Having good cinemas nearby is definitely one of the things I miss living in the country.

This year we have seen just one film from the festival - Derek, about the director Derek Jarman, a mostly great biopic.

Last night PJ and I settled in for the night on the couch to watch a three filmed festival of our own downloaded devising: Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive, Our World: Billy Bragg and The Free Voice of Labour: The Jewish Anarchists. A great selection of films about independence and resilience. 

After all those movies and hours of transporting ourselves elsewhere, I was wired and slept poorly. It felt good to wake this morning as myself.

Ticket from when my sister E supported Billy Bragg earlier this year. 
(Thanks for the pic, mum!)

No comments: