Friday 4 July 2008

It's 6am

And I am up to catch the early bus, then train to Melbourne. I have been doing this once a week for work.

PJ doesn't have to get up when I do, but he does. He makes me breakfast then takes me up to the bus stop. 

Have you seen the Coen brothers' film Fargo? It was the first film PJ and I saw together. He had a couple of people over for dinner then we retired to the lounge room to watch it on DVD. We had all seen it before.

Every time Marge Gunderson (Frances McDormand) had to get up early for work, her husband, Norm (John Carroll Lynch) would get up and make her a good hearty breakfast.

Theirs is a relationship of tender domesticity, and my unconscious oohs and aahs in response to their scenes were what PJ said told him that I was the kind of woman he could love.

It's funny that my response to those early morning breakfast scenes were what helped form PJ's affection for me. And now his getting up early is what solidifies mine for him.

No comments: