Sunday 26 July 2009

91 Years

We celebrated my grandfather's 91st birthday today with a lunch in Melbourne in his honour. It was a small party – just his grandchildren, partners and great-grandchildren. It was such a nice afternoon.

Check out the ice-cream cake! It had a photo of our whole family printed on it in icing. I dread to think of what the ink was made from, but I'm still alive to tell the tale.

One of the highlights of the day was hearing Z say, 'Meg, you're delicious!' as he gobbled up my icing head.

Another highlight was watching my niece Pepper tracing her great-grandfather's hand. The outline of a life well lived. The baton of providence passed on.

6 comments:

Shokoofeh said...

Happy birthday this darling grandfather of you!
:)

I miss you Meg!

farmdoc said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. What joy. xx

Petrus Spronk said...

I was very moved, to see the image of Pepper, tracing her greatgrandfathers hand

Leonie Guld said...

Wow, what great family shots. I never had a par, they were gone to early......It would have been super cool to hang out with one for a while. Yours looks all clean and tidy, but the hands look like workers hands. Strong!

daylesford organics said...

It was a great day. I'm thrilled you got a photo of Zeida and Pepper, now I know how I might use it on my blog one day.

Doctor Plog said...

Happy Birthday Zeyda! I'd add the usual "biz a hundert un tzvonsig" ("until 120"), only it doesn't seem nearly long enough in this case.

xxx