Saturday 14 March 2009

Ns and Zs

I miss Z today. I usually do on Saturdays. We pick him up from his mum on Sunday mornings so usually by Saturday we start to ache for him.

He made this card for us at the end of last year. It sits atop my bookshelves just across from where I'm sitting. I often think how hard it must be for him to have two homes. I guess I only think that because I grew up in one, but if I had had two, then I would have got used to having two and having to make a card for each of my homes, just as Z has.

Inside the card, he has drawn these Ns and Zs in a circle. It's him referencing PJ referencing him. Last year or maybe it was the year before when Z was learning the alphabet, he said to PJ, "Ns and Zs come from the sky, Daddy." His allusion to the way lightning looks when it flashes from the clouds.

And here's this, PJ's poem about Z's language discovery in the sky:

4 comments:

eddy carroll said...

O
Oh
Ohh

SO beautiful

X

Unknown said...

i love the way children make sense of the world. perfect.

Petrus Spronk said...

I am at the moment involved with the new Daylesford Dharma school and am treated to a continues presentation of N ans Z like insights. makes it more then worth it.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Thank you for sharing Z's card.