Monday 29 September 2008

Graffiti Games

Not long after I moved here, the bureaucrats at Melbourne City Council thought it would be a good idea to whitewash the graffiti from the streets in attempt to provide a homogenised version of the city for the tourists visiting for the Commonwealth Games.

As a protest, PJ came up with the idea of a roaming graffiti wall that he and some friends would walk through the city during the Games. Before he and I hooked up, I read the article about his graffiti wall in the paper. I cut the article out and asked him to sign it when I saw him next, but that story is for another post.

This post is about the graffiti wall panels that are being auctioned to support Kids Under Cover – a charity for homeless and at-risk youth.

The eBay auction starts in a couple of days.

Happy bidding!

No comments: