Wednesday 20 January 2010

38 18 7 33 37 20 40

These were the winning numbers for the lotto ticket I bought. Of the seven numbers, I had four, which entitled me to the princely sum of $20.80, which I spent on groceries for tonight's dinner.

PJ went out, so it was just Z and I sitting out on the deck eating the winnings, talking about all the wonderful comments people left to say why they are happy to be alive.


"Today I am happy to be alive because I saw a tree reflected in a heart-shaped puddle," I announced.

"I'll be the tree and you can be the puddle that holds it," Z said.

And so I was.

13 comments:

Umatji said...

Aw Meg. Sounds like you have this step mothering business all sorted out. Hope you enjoyed the spoils - you earnings...

farmdoc said...

And it's also a Tasmania-shaped puddle. xxx

Gerry Bobsien said...

Hello to the little poet Zeph! You just made my day...

Rachel said...

Awww.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Meg, $20+! Hope you ate really well!
Michele x
P.S. Don't go camping underneath gums just to get another lotto result huh! xx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous picture

Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/983789@N25/pool/

WriterBee said...

Farmdoc, you beat me to it. It is a Tassie-shaped puddle, Beautiful beautiful photo.

eddy carroll said...

oh my heart just broke and turned into confetti

Your win !
-worth more
than what was on offer
30 million dollars later
and you would still only need that sentence

Congratulations !
Cheer cheer
to life to life
and the joyous tears that fill the puddles.

e said...

I'm happy you guys are alive Meg!!!

And I'm happy to be alive in a world with so much love in it.

e said...

Oh yeah and belated happy birthday Meg! (Oops...) Hope all your birthday wishes come true.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE said...

Oh meg, the tree and the heart, that's priceless. Happy birthday sweet soul xox

Shyamsundar said...

I had four, which entitled me to the princely sum of $20.80, which I spent on groceries for tonight's dinner.I'm happy you guys are alive Meg!yeast infection